Working with a Mesothelioma Law Firm And Legal Terms To Know.
Filing a mesothelioma lawsuit after death is more complicated than a personal injury claim, but a qualified attorney can go over options for filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
Legal Terms to Know
Navigating through legal terminology can be difficult if you are not an attorney or someone in the legal profession; however, you should learn some of the terms you will likely hear from your attorney or read in your legal documents. (Working with a Mesothelioma Law Firm And Legal Terms To Know.)
Common Legal Terms
- Complaint: Formal action that starts the lawsuit process.
- Personal Injury Claim: Lawsuit filed by the person diagnosed with mesothelioma.
- Wrongful Death Claim: Legal action filed on behalf of a loved one who has died.
- Discovery: Gathering of information about the claim.
- Plaintiff: Person or group filing the lawsuit.
- Defendant: Individual or company the lawsuit is filed against.
- Settlement: Defendant offers the plaintiff money to resolve the case before a verdict is given at trial (Working with a Mesothelioma Law Firm And Legal Terms To Know.)
- Trust Fund: Established on behalf of bankrupt companies to pay current and future asbestos claims.
- Recovery: Any compensation awarded to the plaintiff.
- Venue: Court or location where the case is filed and handled.
What do you think about this post
We want to hear from you all.
Drop your comments Below